Today I thought that I’d share some of the books that I’ve read this year that I’ve really enjoyed.
I’ve been a big reader ever since I was a kid, so it’s no surprise that I’m still a book worm. The only thing that’s changed is that most of the books I read these days are ebooks on my phone rather than physical ones. I’m very grateful that my library offers ebooks on the Libby app so that I don’t even have to go to the library to borrow books anymore. Being able to borrow books from the library rather than buy them has been a huge money saver for me.
I decided to categorize the books because otherwise I’d be all over the place with them. So here are some of the books that I’ve been enjoying lately!
- The Magdalen Girls (affiliate link) by A S Alexander
- The German Midwife (affiliate link) by Mandy Robotham
- The Home for Unwanted Girls (affiliate link) by Joanna Goodman
- The Women in the Castle (affiliate link) by Jessica Shattuck
- The Pillars of the Earth (affiliate link) by Ken Follett
The German Midwife and The Women in the Castle were both set in Germany during/after WWII, so if that time period interests you at all, those are the books for you.
- Reconstructing Amelia (affiliate link) by Kimberly McCreight
- The President is Missing (affiliate link) by James Patterson
- Then She Was Gone (affiliate link) by Lisa Jewell
- The Mother-In-Law (affiliate link) by Sally Hepworth
- The Banker’s Wife (affiliate link) by Cristina Alger
The President is Missing was your typical James Patterson thriller. I really liked Then She Was Gone. Although I had partially figured out the ending I really enjoyed it.
- How Yoga Works (affiliate link) by Miachael Roach
- Good in Bed (affiliate link) by Jennifer Weiner
- The Desire Map (affiliate link) by Danielle LaPorte
I’ve read quite a few additional books, but these are the ones that have stood out to me as I was putting together this list. My goal for 2019 was to read 24 books, and right now I’m two short. If I manage to read 2 more between now and the end of the year, I’ll reach my goal. I’m currently reading Little Women (affiliate link) and I just downloaded Know my Name (affiliate link) by Chanel Miller, so it’s definitely possible that I could get them both read.
Now that you know what I’ve enjoyed reading lately, what are some of your favorite reads lately? Share them in the comments below.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog – I appreciate it!