I meant to have this post up yesterday, but by the time I got home from school and did some homework I didn’t feel like sitting at the computer anymore. So here’s Fun Facts Friday a day late.
1. I’ve been slowly but surely updating some of the older graphics here on GFF. Let’s just say that my skills have gotten a ton better since I first started the blog, so I thought it would be a good idea to make some new ones. There’s such a big difference in the ones I’ve in Canva versus what I used to use.
2. Speaking of graphics, I’ve added an opt-in bonus when you sign up for my newsletter. It’s an at home tabata workout, so if you’re looking for a new workout to try, make sure you sign up.
3. My mom had a craving for tamales a few days ago. I had no idea where to get tamales in Calgary, so with a few suggestions from my boyfriend I came up with a few places to try. Luckily the first one had them, so we got tamales along with some guacamole, chips, fajitas, and a few other things. The tamales turned out amazing and I’m sure we’ll be back to get more soon. If you’re in Calgary and wondering where we got them, it was at Salsita right on the corner of 14th Street and Northmount Drive. The owner was telling me that they have cooking classes starting back up in the fall and I’m seriously considering signing up for one.
4. I finally got a new bed! I knew that I needed to get one for awhile. Then this week I discovered a spring that would dig into my knee when I was laying in the left side. The new bed was delivered Thursday morning (a day ahead of schedule – yay). Even though I’ve only slept on it for two nights, it’s infinitely more comfortable than my old one. Now that I think about it, I’ve had my old bed since my second year of university, 14 years ago! It was definitely time for a new one.
5. I think I’m starting to get the hang of Snapchat (my username is getfitfiona if you want to add me). It was recently updated so the layout changed a bit, and I like it better than how it used to be. It definitely took some time and practice using it before I felt comfortable with it.
6. There’s only two and a half weeks left in the semester. Although I knew this semester was going to speed by because it’s only two months long, it’s going by a lot faster than I was expecting. Although there’s some more assignments, internship hours, and two finals to go, I’m really looking forward to summer and getting a break from school.
If you’re on Snapchat leave your username in the comments, I’d love to follow some more people.