I thought I’d put together a post about the skincare products that I use everyday. While this list has definitely changed since last year, or the year before that, and I’m sure that they’ll change in the future, this is what I’m using at the moment.
As you can see they’re mostly drugstore brands. Being a student, I don’t have a lot of extra money, so I’m pretty price conscious when I’m out shopping. On the other hand, I’m willing to pay a bit more if I know the product will work well.
1. Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Cleanser (affiliate link) Since my mid twenties I’ve had a tough time finding a cleanser that was gentle enough on my dry, sensitive skin to not aggravate it, but also deal with the occasional breakout. It always seemed that cleansers dealt with one or the other, but not both. I’ve been using this Aveeno cleanser for a few years now and I really like it. It’s gentle on my skin but also cleans enough to keep breakouts at bay.
2. Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner (affiliate link) I don’t use toner everyday. It’s more of a “I worked out today, sweated a ton and am feeling extra oily” sort of thing. Because of the sweat factor, I also use it more during the summer than I do the winter. The first thing that attracted me to this particular toner is that it’s alcohol free. You might think it doesn’t clean as well as others out there, but I think it does.
3. Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 (affiliate link) How’s that for a name? I tend to get dry spots on my chin. This moisturizer keeps them my skin from getting flaky, which it’s especially prone to during the dry, winter months. It also doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy, which is nice. I’ve tried quite a few other ones, but I didn’t think they did the job as good as this Aveeno moisturizer.
4. Neutrogena Cleansing Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover (affiliate link) I can’t even remember all the brands I tried before I finally found this Neutrogena eye makeup remover. It removes all trace of mascara without pulling or tugging at my skin. It also doesn’t leave behind anything that I feel I need to wash away. The fact that it’s oil free makes me happy because that means less blemishes.
5. Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash with Natural Oatmeal (affiliate link) I have dry, sensitive skin. The dryness is particularly bad during the cold, dry winters we have here. This shower gel leaves my skin feeling moisturized without irritating it in the least. Aveeno is known for having great moisturizers, so it’s no surprise that I find this one works so well for me.
6. Bath and Bodyworks Wild Madagascar Vanilla Body Cream Every night before I go to bed I moisturize. I’ve been using various Bath and Bodyworks products lately. Right now it’s the Wild Madagascar Vanilla. It’s thicker while still absorbing well and leaves me smelling great in addition to moisturized. It also contains shea which is known for it’s moisturizing properties.
Now that you know about my favourite everyday skincare products, leave me a comment telling me about one of yours.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog. I appreciate it!
My name is Fiona and I'm a CSEP certified personal trainer, yogi, soccer player, and foodie (baking is my thing) living in Calgary. Thanks for visiting Get Fit Fiona. I hope you enjoy the sneak peek into my life and the workouts and recipes that I share.